My good friend Rebecca recently emailed me a recipe she found for Candy Buttons. Just in time! The kids I’m going to visit today will love to help make these today after school and enjoy tomorrow!
Here’s what you need:
– 3 Cups Confectioners Sugar
– 2 Egg Whites
– Food Coloring
1. Using an electric mixer, beat the confectioners’ sugar and egg whites until thick and smooth.
2. Divide your creation into small bowls (the number of bowls = the number of colors you want to mix).
3. Mix the colors you want for your candy buttons.
4. Put your colored icing into piping bags/containers with simple round icing tips.
5. Place the Egg template underneath one of your copy paper sheets.
6. Start piping the shape of the egg with simple dots.
7. Allow to dry overnight.
8. Package in cello bags and use patterned papers as a pretty topper.